Sunday, April 17, 2011

April in Progress!

     Well, a broken foot has been a blessing in disquise, even though it is my right foot and I cannot drive...  I have successfully learned to use my left foot to sew!!!  Within the next day or so, I will complete my April UFO!  It's a Breast Cancer Quilt, yes very pink!!!  Hopefully there will one day be a cure.  I've had a couple of people ask for the quilt for benefit auctions, but I think I'll keep it.  I'm making it in Memory of Kathleen Ollila, my grandma and Barbara Box, my aunt who both passed away from Breast Cancer. 
     Not only will I finish the Breast Cancer quilt, I just need to do a border for a log cabin, and do my project for the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle, these too should both be competed this month. 
     My mom and a couple of my girlfriends are going on the Middle of the Mitten Shop Hop, I'm sure I'll pick up a few cuts of material or more than a few.....

2 comments:

  1. Thansk for stopping by my blog!
    Sorry to hear about your broken foot - but you sure are sewing along fine. Congrats on getting your April UFO done! When & where is this shop hop in MI going on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your foot - you need one of those old fashioned machines (it's what I use) it has a lever that you move sideways with your knee!

    Take care of your foot and yourself - and enjoy the downtime !

    ReplyDelete