Thursday, April 21, 2011

April UFO is Finished!!!!

Well it's April 21, and my UFO is done.  I will quilt it later, once the foot is better.   I know it's a lot of pink, but it is the Breast Cancer Material.  But here it is...


 I picked up the material, here and there, ok, a lot on the Shop Hop Last year, knowing that I wanted to make a Breast Cancer quilt.


 Thanks to Faye, I used her suggestion and cut the words out to border each block.  Breast Cancer affects so many, may there be a cure soon.  I'm not quite sure how I will quilt it, but I do know that I want to quilt some pink ribbons into it, maybe into the smaller blocks.

Thanks to my 1 thousand, whatever Ben said, best friend, Stephanie, as you do mammograms, helping in the fight against Breast Cancer.

In loving memory of Kathleen Ollila and Barbara Box

5 comments:

  1. I really like the pattern you chose for this -- especially with the words surrounding the blocks. And I think it's pretty hard to have too much pink -- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice quilt for a great cause! Thanks for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice quilt and wonderful finish. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's such a sweet/loving quilt...the person that gets to cover with this will be indeed lucky... =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete